Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tomato and Cheese with a Twist

Ode to my sandwich....

Two buttered bread sides, so crisp and brown
Slices' undersides pesto drowns
From the end, next comes the cheese
Havarti only, if you please
Nestled inside of the molten goo
With flavors there to delight you
Sliced and layered, snuggled up close
Are razor thin vine ripe tomatoes
From the inside out and the outside in
A perfect symmetry, or yang and yin
My new favorite sandwich to behold
The secret recipe you now have been told
Make this for your favorite friend
Or for your worst enemy
This is one magical panini.

4 comments:

ekac said...

You made me hungry. I'm going to go feed myself and think about your beautiful poem. Thanks for the smiles. erica

Gordon said...

You make me want to be a bad vegan!

mommyproctor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mommyproctor said...

Somehow the bowl of cold cereal I am about to eat doesn't compare with your yummy sammy. (sigh)